Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Garden Update
I cooked up my rhubarb today with some left over blueberries, some honey, cinnamon and cardamon. Smells gorgeous, not sure what i should do with it. I think i may have put too much water in. Its a bit sloppy, not much good for a pie i dont think. Maybe some jammy tart type thing. We'll see how it looks after work.
The potatoes are coming along nicely, might need to re pot them again tho, those ikea bags are not as big as i thought, its gonna end up costing me a fortune per potato! The onions are a bit higgledy piggledy, i planted them a bit too close together but they are still growing strong. I'll know better for when i (eventually) get my raised beds going! The garlic is looking braw, i think that there will just be enough room in that little planter.
Still havent planted out my raspberries and blackberries. Ive had workmen digging massive holes out the front to try and get to the bottom of this sewage problem. They are pretty much finished albeit the problem hasnt been fixed. I bought 3 acer plants from tescos reduced to 30p each and some bulbs so i'll get them planted once these workmen stop trampling all over my garden. Im also attempting to grow a few things from seed again, my last attempt was pretty awful, better luck this time! I got some lavender seeds from ebay, so molly helped me plant those, ive always wanted a lavender border. I also came across some calendula, echinechea, nasturtium and i even found 3 packets of seeds with no descriptions on them in my porch cupboard, how exciting. I'll maybe even give the runner beans another go tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment